I am ME : )

My photo
This is my space. Any thoughts, experiences,encounters and adventures I will share herein, and you're welcome to share your thoughts too! Well, despite that many would have qualms about me, I still love being me, and you are invited to enter a part of my space..

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Philippine Transport System; Where to go?

Transportation sometimes indicates how wealthy a nation is. The system, the modes and the techniques that are used depend on how creative and advance a country can be.

In the Philippines, jeepneys are considered as the King of the Road. Even until now, you can see, from the urban and rural areas, they are present. Students prefer those with metallic design at the back and with loud sound. They call it HATAW. Of course the classic design is still there, with design horses at the bumpers, antennas and colorful drawings. You can also tell if the person that owns it worked abroad. You can see names or phrases such as "Katas ng Saudi" (Fruit of Saudi, the owner worked there for years). The Americans leave their jeep here way back in 50's . After, Filipino minds creatively re-designed it for mass transportation purposes. Thus, Philippine jeepneys, the King of Philippine Road came into existence. One proud brand is SARAO.

Typical Filipino Jeep


Thru the years, because of the growing population, the Philippine government find ways in order to improve the transportation system. In 70's, construction of the first elevated train in the Philippines started called LRT or Light Rail Transit which runs from Monumento in Caloocan City to Baclaran in Paranaque City.

Improved LRT Cab


If you are traveling along the country's busiest road locally called as EDSA, your trip is not complete without having a ride in MRT. Running from North Ave in Quezon City to Taft Ave in Pasay City, this mass transit system caters to about million passengers everyday.

MRT Line 2

I was inspired to write about this topic because of my experience this morning. On my way to Paranaque, I opted to use MRT because it really cuts the traveling time since I am from QC. Eventhough I know that you have to expect piles of people making their way up, I am still surprised and maybe stressed. Everyday, the scenario is like this.

Passengers pile on their way to MRT
I just wonder, what if we have enough trains to cater to this people? What if we can upgrade the system by applying every possibilities to accommodate all passengers? If we have plans, when can it be attained?

I hope that authorities find way. It will be a big help. If we achieved that maybe we can smile like Ms. Anne Curtis when she opted to ride and use MRT.







No comments:

Post a Comment